Advocate Supreme Court
Mr. Ibrar Ahmed is the founder of Ibrar Law Associates. He is an LL. M. from Punjab University Law College Lahore and an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan (Enrolled as an Advocate Supreme Court on 31.01.2010). He is the author of two commentaries and dozens of reported cases to his credit. He has been a visiting faculty member of Punjab Law College and Himayat-e-Islam Law College Lahore.
Mr. Ibrar Ahmed has independently conducted more than 1000 cases in the various High Courts of Pakistan and more than 500 cases in the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He has many reported cases to his credit. He is a life member of Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan, Lahore High Court Bar Association, Lahore Tax Bar Association and Lahore District Bar Association.
Mr. Ibrar Ahmed has been a practicing advocate since 1996. He has handled insurance, tax, corporate and civil litigation and corporate transactional services with same dexterity. He has argued hundreds of cases in the areas of Insurance, Taxation, Judicial Review, Constitutional law, Civil law, Corporate Governance, Banking, Arbitration, Property law, Land Acquisition, Land Revenue, Family law, Privatization, Excise and Intellectual Property. He has been equally involved in transactional work and policy consultancies for international and local clients. His focus of legal work over the years has been pro development and therefore consultancies and teaching has contributed to the development of law and the society at large. His area of specialization is commercial arbitration, insurance, taxation, corporate restructuring and drafting of agreements. He has been providing legal services to various clients since 1996 and he is committed to provide exceptional quality of legal services assuring consistent quality and effectiveness in the legal work.
APPEARANCE IN THE SUPREME COURT OF PAKISTAN
He has argued/contested and filed hundreds of cases in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of Pakistan. He has 105 reported cases on his credit in the field of Insurance, Tax, Service, Corporate and Civil litigation.
APPEARANCE IN THE HIGH COURTS (Lahore-Karachi-Islamabad)
He has argued more than 1000 cases in the Lahore High Court Lahore as per record maintained by the Lahore High Court. This list however does not include cases attended/pending/decided in other High Courts of the country including Islamabad High Court, Sindh/Karachi High Court and Lahore High Court Rawalpindi Bench. More than 100 reported cases are also on his credit.
He has represented the national and international clients in various commercial arbitrations held at Karachi, Islamabad & Lahore relating to recoveries, breach of agreements, etc. The panel of arbitrators included the following Hon’ble Former Judges; –
- Justice (R) Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim (Former Judge Supreme Court)
- Justice (R) Saleem Akhtar (Former Judge Supreme Court)
- Justice (R) Manzoor Hussain Sial (Former Judge Supreme Court)
- Justice (R) Aamer Raza A. Khan (Former Judge Lahore High Court)
- Justice (R) Mian Allah Nawaz (Former Chief Justice Lahore High Court)
- Justice (R) Malik Muhammad Qayyum (Former Judge Lahore High Court)
The above-named Hon’ble Judges are well conversant with his professional standing.
- Visiting lecturer, Punjab Law College, Lahore (2004-05)
- Visiting lecturer, H. I. Law College, Lahore (2009-2016)
PROFESSIONAL & OTHER MEMBERSHIPS
- Life Member Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan (SCBAP)
- Life Member Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHCBA)
- Life Member Lahore Tax Bar Association (LTBA)
- Life Member Lahore Bar Association (LBA)
- A commentary on “Negotiable Instruments Act” (2010 Edition)
- A commentary on “Motor Vehicles Ordinance” (2011 Edition)
Mr. Ibrar Ahmed’s area of specialization is insurance, income tax, sales tax, international trade law, commercial arbitration, corporate taxation, corporate restructuring and drafting of commercial agreements.